8.26.2009

just peachy, thanks

i'm showered, dressed, make-up'ed and blown out...and i have been since 8am. the girls had their beds delivered today from a furniture store and lucky me, the delivery window was from 8am-10am. so at 8:05 while i'm chowing on my kashi cereal, guess who comes knocking on our front door?

the beds were set up by 8:30 so i do have to give the guys kudos for a quick set up. their rooms are all set up and ready for bedtime tonight.

since i got a jump on the morning by showering so early, i even added some perfume to my routine. (hey, i'll be heading out to sam's club and target later today, i might as well smell purty!) my neighbor is an avon lady and i had ordered a new perfume called 'chic in white.' my avon lady, being from afghanistan and maybe not aware of how english has borrowed a lot of words from the french, pronounces this perfume as "chick in white." if you say it fast enough it sounds like "chicken white." it doesn't really smell like chicken though...after wearing it for a bit now, it reminds me a lot of peach schnapps...which makes me want a fuzzy navel...which makes me realize i have no clue even where to buy hard liquor around here. beer & wine are everywhere but i have yet to see the rough stuff for sale. it's probably better for me, i might try to make mojitos or appletinis or something else equally yummy and calorie-licious.

rob hasn't smelled it yet, so i don't have a male's opinion on this scent. so far i'll give it 4 stars out of 5. ok, maybe 4.5 stars b/c my neighbor threw in a bunch of free samples with my order and that always cheers me up. so before we head out to run errands, i'll get to pick out a lipstick sampler. i tried one the other night and damnit, i really liked it. samples really are a good way to hook you. i think sam's club has known that for a while though, my kids are always hoping for snacks when we go there.

No comments: