9.26.2007

did i mention...?

that i was doing weight watchers during these last 7 months? i'm not sure i blogged about it, for fear that i would fail. failure is easier to handle when the whole world doesn't know what a flop you are ;)


surprisingly, i haven't failed. from march 1 to date i have lost 76 pounds. 5 pants sizes. over 20 inches on my body have melted away. i can see muscles, abs, and veins where i couldn't before. who knew they were under all that skin? i'm not sure how much more i want to lose, i'm getting to the point mentally where i'm tired of analyzing and counting everything i put in my mouth.

weight watchers is a bit of a family joke for us. my grandmother and a few aunts have been on WW together and their weight really yo-yo'ed whenever they were on plan. i really don't want to be a yo-yo'er. i know i have TONS more energy right now and i love moving around...dancing around the house, bouncing on the kids' trampoline, going for spontaneous walks with the dog (which i'm trying to fit in as often as possible), playing soccer in the backyard...i'm just enjoying life in my body for once.

i'm actually about 20 lbs lighter than i was on my wedding day. rob says my hips/butt are smaller now than then...funny, i didn't think that would be the case after 3 kids! and the part that i really love? my bra size has gone down. i've been a C cup since high school, after babies up to a 40D and now i'm wearing a 36B. some women love their C cup boobies but i really enjoy this smaller size. with the dieting AND elisha nursing less, they've shrunk to a more manageable size. i look at the B size bras and get a kick of how they look like teenager bras, the cups are so little.

anyway, that's me tooting my own horn. toot toot!

No comments: