6.20.2006

still hanging in there

i'm still here. just busy turning into a sweaty mess. i need to tie a fan with a battery pack onto me so i have airflow around me at all times. the temperature isn't too bad, it's the damn humidity. weatherbug and weather.com HAVE to be wrong when they say it's 45% humidity yet you can see a haze over the town. this is just the first few days of heat...i really hope i survive august. actually i hope my family survives august. i'm telling you now that it won't be pretty.

other than sweating and stinking up the place, life is going well. rob has just 15 days left before he heads home (to his 'hot' wife ;)) and the kids haven't killed each other yet, nor have i lost one of them at the mall. truthfully, that is one of my worries. that i'll turn around and one of them will have vanished and i'll have to call rob and say, 'i lost one of them.' he would be quite disappointed, esp b/c i'm not having anymore babies after this one. closed for business.

reese had her birthday last thursday. she's 4 now and it's amazing some of the things that come out of her mouth. she leaves me laughing 1/2 the time and shocked the other 1/2 of the time. just the other day i had to run downstairs and get some bras that had been hang-drying in the laundry closet. i came back upstairs to where the kids were and reese asked, 'did you have to go get your boobs, mom?' nope, the boobs i take with me everywhere, babe. i just told her i had to go get my bras and had a good laugh.

and i'm so proud of her. reese can wipe her own butt! woohoo! i think my child rearing duties are about done with her...she can feed herself, take her dishes to the sink, and wipe her butt...she's ready to move out. :)

cade's birthday is in about 3 weeks. he'll be 2 and i think he's responsible for most of my new grey hair that have popped up since rob has been gone. the problem with 2 year olds is that they get away with a lot, b/c they're so damn cute. i caught him crayoning on the walls yesterday and i was laughing too hard to be mad. ??? it was my own fault for dozing off during 'aladdin' while crayons were available to him. these kids really make life interesting...and profitable for my hair stylist. i plan on making an appt for the day after rob gets back.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hang in there with the heat and humidity, mama. I remember blogging last summer about how miserable I was. I spent the entire summer half naked (scary) in front of the air conditioner.