9.09.2009

it's enough to drive you crazy.

domesticity sucks.

i want a tidy house that doesn't smell bad. no one else in this family gives a shit what the house looks or smells like, so i wipe and wash and repeat the same tasks over and over so i can work toward my utopia...a clean and clean-smelling home.

my husband KNOWS that when the mess gets too deep and too smelly that i'm going to start snipping at him...could he get rid of some of the mess by putting away his 3 pairs of shoes on the front door rug? could he take some recycling over to the bin in the garage a few feet away? take the 3 year olds pee-filled undies & pants down to the laundry room to soak? scrub a toilet? could he do anything AT ALL to help have a cleaner living space?

we all know the answer to that, otherwise i would not be here venting my frustrations about my messy stinky house.

school started 2 days ago, but i could use a vacation already. or a house cleaning service! oooh, baby! wouldn't that be grand???

we couldn't afford activities for the kids (tap & karate), but i would get my clean house every week. wonder if that would make the kids and husband realize how frustrated i get that i get dumped on when it comes to housework. i've tried chore charts but really that just makes more work for me, hassling the kids into their chores and listening to the whining at bedtime that they didn't "have enough time" to finish everything (yeah, but you had enough time to dump every lego in the house into a pile in the middle of the toy room).

i might have to give this serious thought over the next few days. i'm headed to bed here shortly, my power cleaning has left me a little tired.

1 comment:

Beth Adams said...

Sarah, I am sorry you are going through a rough patch. I hear and understand your frustrations completely. I also can't stand a messy-smelly house. But, I have 3 things working for me... i don't have 3 kids to mess up what I clean, only a husband that loves to just dump his things where ever they land. From and wife to a mother, I am sorry! I wish I could come over right now, crack on some tunes and just lock it down and bust it out with you. Stay strong!